Saturday, November 21, 2015

First Snow in Glasgow

Nearly an hour ago, I had a chat with one of my Chinese friend. We talked about our assignment. Then she said there has been snowing outside. Just to make sure, I asked her "do you mean white snow..?". Hahaha, silly question, I know. I just couldn't hide my excitement when she sent me a photo. Men, It is real snow outside ... !

In a second, I told Eva that was sitting beside me about the snow. Then we were getting up shortly and approaching the window in Library 4th floor. Whaww, it is real snow out there. We were trying to capture the best photo that showing snow, but the reflection of the lights could not make it easier for us.
The best picture of the snow. - so far. hehe 
We decided to going downstair in the main floor. That was nobody in the Library Cafe. But one of the female student - I assume she is from Europe - approaching us, near the window. Her smile was glowing and she said "woaa, it's snowing...". Well, at least me and Eva were not the most 'norak' student at that time.

Going upstair. Still trying to get the best photo of the snow.
I told Eva to follow me and we were going upstair to 8th floor. We were walking round the room, looking through the window, and disappointed. Hahaha. We definitely can see clearly the snow. But since our gear (camera) has its limit, we couldn't bring our actual vision to the picture. Obviously for sharing purposes. We are talking about upload the photo on instagram, path, twitter, facebook, or simply just share it to our colleagues.

Fellow Indonesian Student. First snow well spent in their warm study group room.
From left: Me, Nirwanda, Eva, Kak Tika, Kak Febri.
 Before me and Eva went back to 4th floor, we interrupted our friends from Accounting course at Adam Smith Business School. When we went there, they had been studying for hours in that super warm study room. I told them there was snowing outside. And we were sharing the same excitement. Haha. Kak Tika said "Woaaa, our first snow (in Glasgow) spent with our togetherness". Well, hopefully this will be last longer even after we graduate from UoG. I hope also the snow will be last longer at day time so I can thick the boxes "capturing the Glasgow's snow" on my bucket list.

Ah, but first thing first, am I ready to go home, leaving the library with the snow outside?. The weather app says that the temperature has been falling to 3 degrees Celsius. When I came with another new blog post(s), it means that I am fine.

Good nite snowy Glasgow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wih seru! Ditunggu cerita soal salju tebalnya! Semoga nanti dapet White Christmas!

okky said...

Siap Pak Guratan. hehehe